Benefits of Installing a Water Filtration System in Your Chicago Home
- Plumbing Services
In this day and age, it is becoming more and more common to have a water filter for your drinking water. Clean water is vital to your home for drinking, bathing, and cleaning.
Unfortunately, there are still potential contaminants found within water that is untreated through one. If your home does not own one at the moment, it would be wise to invest in a water filtration system in your Chicago home.
Why Install a Filtration System?
Installing a system can bring a whole series of benefits to your home. These benefits include the following:
- When a home is equipped with whole-house water filtration, the owner can rest assured that every drop of water that comes into the house is clean and safe. From the kitchen to the bathroom to the backyard sprinkler, the water will always be safe enough to drink.
- Hard water, which is water with an excessive amount of minerals in it, can be a pain for anyone who experiences it. It can leave buildup deposits on your showerheads, reducing the water flow. If you have ever had a problem with your water trickling out even though you know the pressure is fine, you may have hard water buildup. It can also cause unsightly stains in your sink and toilet bowl. Lastly, it can make washing a chore because hard water reduces the ability of soap to foam up.
Benefits of Filtering Water
Primarily, having filtered water is a significant boost to health around your home. There are a number of dangerous elements that are removed if water is filtered. These include:
- Arsenic: Tap water can contain dangerous levels of arsenic, a powerful carcinogenic, that has been linked to an increased risk of the development of several types of cancer
- Aluminum: Municipal water that is unfiltered can lead to an increased consumption of aluminum, a metal that has been linked to Alzheimer’s disease, hyperactivity, learning disabilities in children, skin problems, liver disease and more.
- Fluoride: While fluoride is commonly associated with improving oral health, it can actually cause a wide range of health problems such as a weakened immune system and cellular damage that accelerates aging.
Benefits of Filtered Water
In comparison to bottle or tap water, filtered water can improve a vast series of areas.
- Primarily, water filters provide better tasting and better smelling drinking water by removing chlorine and bacterial contaminants. Drinking clean and filtered water can protect yourself from diseases as well as improving your health.
- A water filter can provide healthy water for cooking as well as drinking and bathing.
- Point-of-use water filters remove lead from drinking water immediately prior to consumption, thus preventing this harmful substance from entering the body.
- Water filters greatly reduce the risk of rectal cancer, colon cancer, and bladder cancer by removing chlorine and chlorine byproducts from drinking water.
- You can economically benefit from installing a unit. For instance, if you purchase bottled water for a small family, you would typically only have enough water for a week or so. A water filter, however, is guaranteed to last for months on end.
Types of Water Filtration Systems to Look into in Chicago
There are a couple of differing types of water filters available for purchase and installation. Some of these include the following.
- Activated Carbon: It is a fairly common type of water filter installed under the kitchen sink. Carbon filters are used to remove parasites, chemicals and heavy metals that are present in water.
- Reverse Osmosis: This type of filter is incredibly popular. This is mainly because it has the ability to remove all sorts of contaminants that can be a danger to your health, as well as making sure the end result is clear and odor free.
- UV Filters: Takes water purification to a high level, by use of an ultraviolet lamp to kill germs within the water. Typically, it will destroy about 99.9% of germs found within the water.